Almiral de la Font is one of the most impressive and spectacular holiday properties in the whole Sitges area.
Sleeps 24 (9 bedrooms / 9 bathrooms). It is no exaggeration to say that Almiral de la Font is one of the most impressive and spectacular holiday properties in the Sitges area.
This historic building was built around 1592 and then extended in 1800. The extensive grounds include vineyards that provide grapes to the world-class cava houses like Freixenet and Cordoniu as well as a number of local producers. Wandering the 14 kilometers of private tracks you will also come across pear, olive, cherry, walnut and almond trees.
Almiral de la Font is just a short drive from Sitges, and only 30 kilometres south of Barcelona. Staying at historic Almiral is a truly unique experience having been restored with great skill, care and attention to detail by the current owners. This beautiful ‘masia’ (Catalan manor house), offers high-tech modern comforts whilst retaining the historic charm and character of the original building.
Set high on a hillside in the Penedes wine region, the masia is surrounded by the beautiful Garaf Natural Park and offers dramatic sea or mountain views from every room or terrace. This tranquil haven has more than 300 acres of private grounds with vineyards, olive groves and fruit trees, yet is only a 30 minute drive from Barcelona and 10 minutes from the lively beach resort of Sitges.
The masia is located just two kilometres from the traditional town of Sant Pere De Ribes. The well-known seaside town of Sitges is 6 kilometres away and Barcelona is only a 30-minute drive. Barcelona airport is 25 minutes away and Reus (Tarragona) airport is less than an hour away.
Also in Penedes wine region and its capital, Vilafranca, is just a 15 minute drive. The town of Tarragona and theme park Port Aventura are each a 45 minute drive.Bedroom / Bathroom Description
The casita adjoins the Main House separated by a patio area. It is a two storey cottage which is open plan. It is entirely separate from the main house and as well as access from the main house has its own drive from the dirt road which runs along the side.
It has a bathroom to the right on entry beyond which is a fully fitted kitchen and small dining area. Past the kitchen is a lounge with double sofa bed. The upstairs area is a mezzanine construction split into two areas in which there is a double and single bed. To go upstairs you will need to negotiate a spiral staircase which is not suitable for the elderly.
The casita is a simpler cozier style to the main house and offers extra space which is communicable with the main house but also allows families or teenagers a separate and distinct place.
Almiral de la Font sleeps up to 24 guests in 9 bedrooms arranged as follows;
Bedroom 1 – West Wing
King size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom, Sitting area, Sun terrace
Bedroom 2 – Classic Suite
King size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Sitting area
Bedroom 3 – Japanese Room
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower
Bedroom 4 – Ochre Room
2 Single beds, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 5 – Bali Room
King size bed, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 6 – East Wing
King size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Sitting area
Bedroom 7 – Gold Suite
King size bed, Sofa bed, En-suite bathroom, Sitting area
Bedroom 8 - Monserat
Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom
Double bed, Single bed, En-suite bathroom
Vacation Rental / Weddings / Events
This historic masia is ideal for families and corporate groups, and for occasions such as weddings, filming and production launches
When you stay at Almiral de la Font Masia you will enjoy:
- A substantial private residence with a living area of more than a thousand square metres, allowing you as much space and privacy as you like.
- Large tiled courtyard with palm and citrus trees and Moroccan lounge providing welcome shade.
- Over 300 acres of private grounds with 14 kilometres of tracks in which you will find large areas of vineyards, olive groves and fruits and Vilanova Y La Geltru.
- Easy access to closest town, San Pere De Ribes.
- Proximity to numerous good local restaurants and vineyards.
- The famous Penedes and Cava producers including Torres, Freixenet and Cordoniu are within visiting distance for wine enthusiasts.
- Direct access to Garraf national park for excellent hiking and mountain biking. Direct access to Garraf national park for excellent hiking and mountain biking.
- 45 minutes to Tarragona and the much acclaimed theme park, Port Aventura
Almiral de la Font is equipped with the following facilities:
- Four twin/double bedrooms. Three 2 or 3 bedroom suites. One further suite with its own sitting room. All bedrooms have en suite facilities.
- Cottage close to villa but self-contained with own kitchen, bathroom and separate access. (Note: Price and availability of cottage on request).
- Daily house cleaning (of common parts) 6 days a week with bed linen and bath towels included.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Central heating and air conditioning.
- Gated car parking for over twelve cars.
- Conference / meeting room.
- Telephone and satellite television.
- Outdoor Tables with parasols.
- Barbecue area and Moroccan chill-out lounge.
- Scandinavian fireplace lounge.
- TV lounge.
- Wine vat / games room.
- Wine cellar.
- Swimming Pool (solar heated, 18.6 x 6 metres)
- Banquet and meeting room
- Children’s Pool
- Surround sound plasma screen home cinema
- Snooker/ pool room
- Children’s play-room
- Table tennis and basketball net
- Hot tub function of the jacuzzi is an optional extra
- Extras on request and not included in the price - additional cleaning, catering, chauffeur for private excursions, baby telephone, hot tub, outdoor gas heaters, marquee and catering equipment hire and personal laundry
- 3 suites with 2 bedrooms and each with king-size beds and double sofa beds
- 4 twin/double rooms
- Further suite with king sized double bed and double sofa bed in seating area
- All bedrooms and suites with en suite facilities
- Maximum of 24 guests in main house
- Cottage sleeps up to a further 4 (Price and availability on request)
Prices include 7-night rental of main building available from Saturday to Saturday
- In low or medium season, daily or weekend rates may be available
- For large gatherings or weddings a supplement may be charged.
- Cottage price € 165 per night, with a 3 night minimum
- Price reductions may be available for parties smaller than 12
- Prices for photographic and film shoots on request
- Housekeeper 6 days per week
- Children welcome, but the pool is unmanned and young children require supervision
- Catering, babysitting and personal laundry available upon request
- Concierge services available on request to cater for car rental, airport transfers, grocery delivery, restaurant and hotel bookings, and activities such as massage, horse riding, wine tasting, golf, cooking classes and sailing.
- Excellent chef services encompassing a range of different cuisines and tastes
- To ensure booking, a 30% non-refundable deposit is required and full payment must be made six weeks before the holiday.
- A €2,000 deposit is also required in case of breakages or phone calls, which will be returned at the end of the holiday.
- The above is subject to our standard terms and conditions
BOOKING AND AVAILABILITY
If you would like to book Almiral de la Font or check availability please click the 'Check Availability' button below and you will be directed to a contact form. Alternatively, you can send an email directly to email@example.com or call + 34 659 516 745.
Prices include 7-night exclusive rental of Almiral de la Font from Saturday to Saturday.
High season – Eur 17,000 per week. June, July and August 2017
Medium season – Eur 13,000 per week. May, Sept and October 2017
Low season – Eur 8,500 per week – rest of 2017
In low or medium season, daily or weekend rates are available. Ask for quotes for periods of less than a week
Cottage is charged as an extra – price € 165 per night, with a 3 night minimum
Price reductions may be available for parties smaller than 12
Prices for photographic and film shoots on request
We wish to preserve the anonymity of those who have previously stayed at Almiral but we have put together a genuine sample of some of the comments that have been made by guests following their stay.
- “Being guests in your Villa was an experience that none of us will ever forget! You have created a masterpiece with a special charm and you made us feel so very welcome.
Gillian was a joy to work with, and what came out of the oven and off the stove was incredibly delicious. “
- “Amazing place to host an event. From start to finish our experience was flawless!”
- “We recently launched Airbnb Collections to showcase the most inspiring Airbnb properties, and we’re happy to announce that you’ve made the cut!
- You are part of an elite group of properties including the Hawaiian retreat where the Obamas vacation, Frank Lloyd Wright designed homes, and dozens of internationally recognized properties.”
- “And just want to say a big thank you – we had a magical week! The villa was perfect and everyone fell in love with it as much as he had – it is just an extremly special place and everyone is already wanting to plan a reunion there in the future!”
- “we had an absolutely fabulous time. Undoubtedly the nicest villa the group has stayed in (and the thirteenth!) “
- “the ambience (the obvious labor of love that the villa reflects), your helpfulness (being available of a regular basis), the delicious food (and the beautiful cooks who prepared it), the perfect weather (thank you very much!), the pool (and even the exercise equipment) . . .etc., etc., etc. ad infinitum. This list goes on…..”
- “Muy bien, fue todo perfecto, disfrutamos del dia de la comida y del ambiente, y al dia siguiente buen tiempo disfrutando de la piscina – el catering fue genial”
- “Everyone loved the house!!!! and you were right it was hard to keep everyone in one place……Myself, my family, Joshua and his family really enjoyed our stay in your house, it is such a feel good house. You have a little gem there!!!!”
- “..thanks for having the vision to create your masterpiece – the house is absolutely fabulous”
- “our stay was definetly all we expected and our guest enjoyed it vey much.
It is pleasure to preserve all the work and time you spent for this great place and to feel home at the same time.
Do you still have vacancy next year ? We have another celebration coming up.”
- “I’m holding out for some way to come back and spend time at the masia in this lifetime (sooner rather than later) “
- “My wife and I got married at Almiral de la Font in May and it was a truly magical experience, so firstly I’d like to belatedly thank you and your staff for making our wedding so perfect. Secondly, we are approaching our first wedding anniversary and I thought it might be special to purchase some of your specially made cava. I wondered how I might go about doing this and whether it’s possible to ship to the UK?”
- “todo ha sido fantástico!
La casa ha sido un éxito y varios de nuestros invitados se interesaron por ella. Les facilitaré tus datos de contacto.
Gracias por todo,”
- “We all really enjoyed the stay last weekend, the house was restored immaculately, well done. We had some great meals that went well into the night and had plenty of use from the hot tub.
I will recommend it to friends and family.”
- “thanx for invoice
..and for a lovely stay at Almiral first week of march”
- “El sábado visitamos la masia con Nicky, bueno que maravilla de lugar y que casa tan hermosa han conseguido construir vdes. les felicito.
Sinceramente es el lugar donde me gustaría celebrar un momento tan importante y especial de mi vida, como lo es mi boda.”
- “We had our wedding at Almiral de la Font on the weekend of the 2nd June 2007 and had an amazing time. We would like to re-book Almiral for the weekend of the 1-4 June 2012 (either Friday and Saturday night or Saturday and Sunday night) for a 5th anniversary party with friends.”
- “Is there availability for the last two weeks of august? We have stayed with you before in 2004.”
- “We stayed at Almiral about 6 years ago for my 40th bday. The planner is now turning 40 and we would love to return. What is your availability this summer? Just looking at the pictures brings back such nice memories.”
- ” I loved the Villa and my parents love it too. “
- “Thank you for a fabulous stay, it is an incredible house which has incredible attention to detail, making it a pleasure to stay in.”
- “thanks for having the vision to create your masterpiece – the house is absolutely fabulous”
- “we really enjoyed our time at Almiral and still thinking a lot about our great time at your place”
- “I had a great week the villa was amazing”
- “From our very first visit we were enchanted with the place. Paul and Nikki’s friendly, helpful and open manner enabled us to plan a really special long weekend for our friends and family. We were delighted with the high standard of the rooms. Warm, original and luxurious.”
- “Fantastic Masia and excellent location (30′ from Barcelona, 10′ from Sitges).
- Dificult to find a house like this in today’s Catalunya. Excellent architecture.
- Fabulous and rich in all it’s details.”
- ” We also used excellent chef Gillian ..?..who provided delicious food at reasonable cost.
- All in all we had a marvelous stay. I would happily have stayed a month enjoying this magical Masia and all it has to offer. “
- ” Thank you so much for your help with things over the week – everyone enjoyed themselves and numerous of our friends and family have expressed a wish to return, if not next summer then perhaps the one after… I will get back to you on that. “
- “just to say a million thanks for the load of your gorgeous house.
We all fell in love with it and particularly the view.”
- “Thank u for avertythin you did for us.
The wd\edding was AMAZING, the masia looked GRAT and I didn’t imagine all can be like it was.
More perfect than in my dreams! Bill&Gabrielle did an amazing job, helping us in every moment.”
All was incredible in our wedding and Almiral de la Font is now part of our lifes. “
- ” After this happy and crazy last days, this morning I was planning to send you a message to express our gratitude and hapiness for, with no doubt, the best day of our lifes. Almirall de la Font has been the best possible scenary to celebrate our wedding and not only because of the wonderful views but also for the beauty of the rooms decorations. It has been like a dream become true. All the guests were impressed, the sun was shining saturday and sunday, and the party wedding was a celebration were everybody let the problems out for one day and enyoyed with an extreme happinnes.
Thank you so much for letting people to enyoy Almirall de la Font, by renting it for celebrations and holidays, thank you for not keeping it only for you, and making our wedding day much more beautiful than we could imagine. “
- “We are now in the Canary Islands. The wedding was really incredible, all our guests were impressed. “
- “The villa was great and so was our party. Gill & Pip did a great job, especially the main dinner Sat night. Gill was also very nice to work with in advance of the event. “
- ” We stayed at almiral De La Font with Family and friends for our wedding. The whole week was magical! The location is stunning and you can never get bored of the view! There is so much to do at the villa you don’t really want to go anywhere else and there is always another bit of the villa to discover!
The mosty amazing thing about the villa is that although it ishuge and beautiful it is also homely and makes you feel instantly at home and relaxed.
A week in my life I will never ever forget! “
- ” The photos on the web site don’t really do the house justice. The rooms are all so comfortable and individual, it gives you a feeling of being completely relaxed. The location is great, with wonderful views. The staff too were helpful and very friendly. We had over 60 people at our wedding, and about twenty slept over, and the house accommodated them easily. All our guests had a great time, thanks,”
- “We were celebrating a private function and were impressed by the venue. The entire house is furnished with style and you can feel the never-ending hours of work which were and are continuously spent to make this place as it is.
The personality of Paul (the owner) gives this place a very sympathic touch.
Thanks for everything and we hope to come back soon ! “
- ” I wanted to thank you for the most amazing week in lmiral de la Font. Our guests were completely blown away by the masia and its setting, I know it will be talked about for a long time “